Apple stopped the support for it’s built in PPTP VPN client on macOS Sierra 10.12. The following instruction shows you how to connect to PPTP VPN in macOS Sierra 10.12 using our VPN client Shimo.
Connect macOS Sierra 10.12 to a PPTP VPN gateway
- Download Shimo here
- Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instruction to install Shimo
- Click on the little Shimo icon to open Shimo Preferences
- Open the Accounts tab and click on ‘+‘ to create a new PPTP/L2T account
- Enter your Remote Host, Username and Password. Please contact your IT admin for further details.
- You can easily connect your mac over the menu bar of macOS. You only have to click on the Account you just added. For example “University XY”